Amazingly, a large majority of insurance policyholders have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average insurance premium being $2,200, Minneapolis drivers could save 50% each year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they just switched companies.
To save the most money, the best way to find affordable Honda CR-Z insurance is to do an annual price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in Minneapolis. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, try to understand how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides additional tips to get low prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper CR-Z coverage is available in Minneapolis. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
A key point to remember is to use identical coverages on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance company rates for Honda CR-Z insurance in Minneapolis is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. All you need to do is give the companies some data including if the vehicle is leased, the type of vehicles you drive, your credit rating estimate, and whether you are single or married. Your details is instantly submitted to all major companies and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Honda CR-Z now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Minnesota. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Minneapolis, MN, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Minneapolis that can give you free Minneapolis car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Minneapolis?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
When looking for a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Minneapolis may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents of this type are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are Minneapolis exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Mark Hansen
6001 Portland Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55417 – (612) 869-7760 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Katie Bard
5459 Nicollet Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55419 – (612) 345-7900 – View Map
- State Farm: Brandon Walter
222 S 9th St #270 – Minneapolis, MN 55402 – (612) 843-8444 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Minneapolis that can give you price quote information.
- Horizon Agency Inc
11000 W 78th St – Minneapolis, MN 55423 – (952) 944-2929 – View Map
- CBIZ Associated Insurance Agents
2800 Freeway Blvd – Minneapolis, MN 55430 – (763) 549-2200 – View Map
- Cheap Car Insurance Minneapolis Auto Insurance Agency
2227 W 21st St – Minneapolis, MN 55405 – (612) 425-1616 – View Map