Sadly, a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Minnesota can cut their rates by roughly $1,000 a year, but they don’t invest the time required to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Lincoln Mark LT insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in Minneapolis.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for instructions to prevent high prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Mark LT coverage is available in Minneapolis. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare every company you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Take policy discounts and save on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Minneapolis
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts to help offset the cost. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Minneapolis auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 shop Minneapolis auto insurance digitally online.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a set time period.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for type of vehicle, age of vehicle, good driver, annual mileage, location of vehicle, professional/association, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include homeowner, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, youthful driver, alternative fuel, teen driver, and switch companies.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for good student, renewal discount, youthful driver, driver training, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has savings for good student, student away at school, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- Allstate includes discounts for teenSMART discount, good student, multi-policy, passive restraint, farm vehicle, and resident student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Minneapolis.
The majority of larger companies give insurance quotes from their websites. Comparing prices online for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Minneapolis doesn’t take much effort as you simply enter your personal and coverage information into the form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system requests your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on many factors. Being able to quote online for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Minneapolis makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the cheapest price possible.
To compare rates using this form now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This ensures you are getting a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Minnesota. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Minneapolis Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
Bundle policies and save – Most larger companies will award lower prices to policyholders that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal. Consumers may save even more by buying from different companies
With age comes lower prices – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Is you job costing you more? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as military personnel, social workers, and accountants usually pay the highest rates due to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, careers like actors, historians and retirees pay the least.
Miles impacts premiums – The more you drive your Lincoln every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated Mark LT is throwing money out the window. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance coverage reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower premiums – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your car from being stolen.
Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Going without insurance can be a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in fines or a revoked license.
Men pay higher costs – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
Big cities mean more claims – Being located in less populated areas has definite advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Urban drivers have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Insurance quotes from local neighborhood Minneapolis car insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Minneapolis who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing a insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- What companies can they write with?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both do a good job, but it’s good to learn why they differ since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Minneapolis who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you should always compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Minneapolis that can give you comparison quotes.
Bernie Glover Insurance Agency
2520 Lowry Ave N – Minneapolis, MN 55411 – (612) 522-6531 – View Map
Minneapolis St. Paul Agency Insurance and Risk Management
2469 University Ave W – St Paul, MN 55114 – (651) 647-9665 – View Map
Why you need car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln Mark LT insurance, buying car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lincoln, most lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Lincoln Mark LT and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Minneapolis overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Minneapolis auto insurance companies ranked
Picking a high-quality auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Minnesota. The company rank data listed below can help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
Affordable car insurance premiums are out there
Budget-friendly car insurance in Minneapolis is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Minneapolis auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
You just learned some good ideas how to reduce Lincoln Mark LT insurance auto insurance rates online in Minneapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with an unexpected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
More detailed car insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Minneapolis Car Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)