If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Minneapolis is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers that sell auto insurance in Minnesota. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic violations, and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides more information to prevent high prices and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who shop around once a year are highly likely to buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who routinely shopped around saved over $850 each year compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance is your intention, knowing how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can help make the process easier.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Minneapolis is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using these techniques. Nevertheless, Minnesota drivers do need to know how big insurance companies determine what you pay because it can help you find the best coverage.
Companies offering Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Minneapolis
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Minneapolis, MN. To find cheap car insurance in Minnesota, we recommend you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Analysis of coverages
The data table shown next highlights detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Mercedes-Benz C350 models. Understanding more about how car insurance prices are figured is important for making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C350 W 4-Dr Sedan||$192||$374||$298||$18||$90||$972||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates noticeably.
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance premiums for each age group. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Minneapolis with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list all available discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Data – Minneapolis drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could save up to 20% and get you cheap C350 insurance.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new C350 can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below shows the comparison of Mercedes-Benz C350 car insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, multi-car, bundle discounts, safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, and drive less.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts for teen driver, theft prevention, good student, 55 and older, air bags, and early bird.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area. To view companies with the best discounts in Minneapolis, click here to view.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
Some consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Minneapolis who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider should include more criteria than just a low price. Any agent in Minneapolis should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is there a local claims center in Minneapolis?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Minneapolis can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. They are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Minneapolis who can help you get comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Patrick Fagerlee Agency Inc
3910 Central Ave NE – Minneapolis, MN 55421 – (763) 789-6201 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will want to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Minneapolis that can give you comparison quotes.
Bernie Glover Insurance Agency
2520 Lowry Ave N – Minneapolis, MN 55411 – (612) 522-6531 – View Map
A Act One Auto Insurance Agency
2925 Glenhurst Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55416 – (612) 722-8010 – View Map
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Mercedes-Benz C350.
Due to the fact that many Minnesota drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/10 in Minnesota), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from getting keyed, falling objects and hail damage. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your C350 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses for things like dental work, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and hospital visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 30/60/10 which stand for $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability insurance covers things like medical expenses, pain and suffering, structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Minnesota requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Do the work, save more money
We covered some good ideas how you can save on Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Minneapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Minneapolis auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Some companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Lower-priced Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Minneapolis can be found online as well as from independent agents in Minneapolis, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
Additional information is located at the links below
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Minneapolis Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)