If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Minneapolis. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Once received, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Drivers in Minnesota could save an average of almost $1,039 each year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to do a rate comparison.
If you already have coverage, you will be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Choosing the best rates in Minneapolis can be much easier if you know how to start. But Minnesota vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how insurance companies set your policy premium and take advantage of how the system works.
How to get affordable Nissan GT-R insurance in Minneapolis, MN
To find cheap rates, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from all the different companies. One of the best ways to find the lowest Nissan GT-R rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to drive to each insurance agency near you. Buying insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you require the extra assistance of a local agent. It is possible with some companies comparison shop your insurance online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company does price estimates online, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Minneapolis, MN. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Minneapolis, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Minneapolis, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
The rate information below outlines a range of policy rates for Nissan GT-R models. Being able to understand how policy rates are established is important for making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GT-R Premium AWD 2-Dr||$298||$634||$278||$16||$84||$1,310||$109|
|GT-R AWD 2-Dr||$298||$634||$278||$16||$84||$1,310||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Minneapolis which can lower or raise price quotes substantially.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Nissan GT-R premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions raise Nissan GT-R yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Some companies do not list all discounts very clearly, so we researched a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Minneapolis auto insurance online.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow companies to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Sign Online – A handful of car insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application digitally online.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
The diagram below shows the difference between Nissan GT-R auto insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims or violations, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Some companies that may offer most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Minneapolis.
Compare rates but buy from a local Minneapolis insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Minneapolis that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Minneapolis should know the answers to these questions.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How long has the business existed?
- Which family members are covered?
When researching a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Minneapolis can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
These agents work for only one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Minneapolis who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, you need to get quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Minneapolis who can help you get price quote information.
Abdullahi Ahmed Insurance Agency
1113 E Franklin Ave # 104 – Minneapolis, MN 55404 – (612) 432-9142 – View Map
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When selecting adequate coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- If my Nissan GT-R is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- What is the ISO rating for a Nissan GT-R?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
We covered some good ideas how to reduce Nissan GT-R insurance rates online in Minneapolis. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers sell through independent agencies. The cheapest Nissan GT-R insurance in Minneapolis can be bought both online in addition to many Minneapolis insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Minneapolis Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)