Really, the only way to get discount Volvo C30 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Minneapolis.
First, get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like your driving record and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional tips to find cheap rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Don’t forget to keep your new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It’s a fact that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who perform rate comparisons will presumably buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates once a year saved as much as $70 a month compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Minneapolis is the reason you’re reading this, then learning a little about how to get price quotes and compare coverages can save money and time.
Shop Volvo C30 insurance online
Most major insurance companies make it easy to get prices for coverage on their websites. The process is quite easy as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, their rating system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on these and other factors. The ability to get online rates for Volvo C30 insurance in Minneapolis streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the lowest payment.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you are getting rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Minneapolis, MN. To buy cheap car insurance in Minneapolis, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Protect your C30 and other assets
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Minnesota but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Volvo, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Volvo for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Minnesota is overpaying more than $810 a year so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance data for a Volvo C30
The table below covers different rate quotes for Volvo C30 models. Learning a little about how premiums are established can help customers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C30 T5 R-Design||$146||$316||$358||$22||$108||$950||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in Minneapolis location which can modify auto insurance rates substantially.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Volvo C30 premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Volvo C30 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below compares Volvo C30 auto insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo C30 claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $400 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Affordable Volvo C30 insurance rates in Minneapolis
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be asked about before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap C30 insurance.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Minneapolis auto insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Progressive will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims before the accident.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below compares Volvo C30 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, good student, ease of repair, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include family plan, easy pay, defensive driving, anti-theft, accident-free, business or organization, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, federal employee, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, defensive driver, and air bags.
- AAA has savings for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, anti-theft, good student, and good driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply in Minneapolis. To choose insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Minnesota, click here to view.