Do you want lower-priced Pontiac GTO insurance in Minneapolis? When searching for lower-cost insurance, do you get overwhelmed by the number of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? There are such a vast assortment of companies available that it can turn into a real difficult job to lower your premium rates for Pontiac GTO insurance in Minneapolis. Minneapolis has lots to offer, but having to pay for pricey auto insurance can make it hard for many drivers to afford enough coverage.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop around for better prices will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved about $865 annually compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding discount rates on insurance in Minneapolis is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of how to find and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
It’s a great practice to compare rates quite often due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Pontiac GTO insurance in Minneapolis a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the best methods to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Finding quotes for more affordable policy in Minneapolis is actually quite simple. Practically each driver who comparison shops for car insurance will most likely be able to cut their insurance bill. Although Minnesota consumers do need to understand how insurance companies market insurance on the web and use it to your advantage.
Affordable companies for Pontiac GTO insurance in Minnesota
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Minnesota. To find the cheapest auto insurance in MN, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper Minneapolis insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow their company to study driving manner by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower price if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Some of the larger companies that may offer these benefits include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Minneapolis. To see a list of insurers who offer discounts in Minnesota, click this link.
Smart Consumers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
Liability protection safeguards assets – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Insure your auto and home with one company – Most major insurers provide better rates to customers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare Pontiac GTO rates in Minneapolis to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Teenagers are high risk – Teen drivers in Minnesota are proven to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Stress out and pay more – Jobs such as military personnel, police officers, and emergency personnel generally pay higher premium rates because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. Other careers like professors, historians and retirees receive lower rates.
Cut car insurance rates and deter theft – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent car theft.
Drive a fast vehicle and pay more – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. The cheapest rates will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
Auto insurance can be complex
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Should I buy only the required Minnesota minimum liability coverage?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is important especially in Minneapolis.
After completing this short form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Minneapolis who will give you bids to get your business. You don’t have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you want to buy insurance from a local agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Minneapolis are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always include rate quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Minneapolis who may provide pricing information.
- CBIZ Associated Insurance Agents
2800 Freeway Blvd – Minneapolis, MN 55430 – (763) 549-2200 – View Map
- Patrick J. Thomas Agency
121 S 8th St #980 – Minneapolis, MN 55402 – (612) 339-5522 – View Map
- Skarnes Agency Inc.
1845 NE Stinson Blvd – Minneapolis, MN 55418 – (612) 354-2040 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are trained well on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Minneapolis that can give you price quotes.
- Mary Trondson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1215 Lagoon Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 823-4111 – View Map
- State Farm: Brandon Walter
222 S 9th St #270 – Minneapolis, MN 55402 – (612) 843-8444 – View Map
- Jeff Meyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
4316 S Upton Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55410 – (612) 920-2340 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does their agency support local causes in Minneapolis?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Minnesota car insurance company ratings
Picking the top company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Minnesota. The company information shown next could help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
You can find cheap coverage
Lower-priced Pontiac GTO insurance in Minneapolis is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
When getting Minneapolis auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
You just learned a lot of techniques to lower your Pontiac GTO insurance rates in Minneapolis. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Pontiac GTO rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company.
How to find the cheapest rates for Pontiac GTO insurance in Minneapolis
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable Pontiac GTO insurance in Minneapolis is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers that sell auto insurance in Minnesota. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and your credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. Make sure you safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on every quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More detailed insurance information is located by following these links:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)