A recent survey discovered that most consumers in Minnesota kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never quoted insurance rates at all. Drivers in the U.S. could save an average of as much as $860 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The easiest way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Minneapolis. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of what is in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Find a Minneapolis insurance agent
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Minneapolis. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Saab 9-7X insurance quotes comparison
Getting cheaper Saab 9-7X auto insurance pricing can be quick and easy. All that’s required is to take a few minutes comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it replaces the need to drive around to all the different Minneapolis insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates this option unless you’re the type of person who wants the extra assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although, it is possible get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Minneapolis, MN. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Check for these five price cutting discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Renewal Discounts – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow their auto insurance company to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your policy cost.
To locate insurance companies who offer online Saab 9-7X insurance quotes in Minneapolis, click this link.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Saab at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Saab gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Minnesota car insurance company ratings
Selecting a high-quality car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Minneapolis. The company information in the lists below can help you choose which insurers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When selecting coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What does medical payments cover?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Some consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Minneapolis.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Minneapolis who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When looking for an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Car insurance agents in Minneapolis are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they are different because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Minneapolis who can help you get free price quotes.
True Insurance Agency and Financial Services – Minneapolis Home and Auto Insurance
4708 Excelsior Blvd – St Louis Park, MN 55416 – (952) 388-2006 – View Map
Minneapolis St. Paul Agency Insurance and Risk Management
2469 University Ave W – St Paul, MN 55114 – (651) 647-9665 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Minneapolis that can give you rate quotes.
Picking an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Minneapolis?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- If they are an independent agency in Minneapolis, which companies do they recommend?
Auto insurance policy coverages for a Saab 9-7X
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills such as rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, EMT expenses and dental work. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Saab 9-7X.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This coverage covers damage to your 9-7X resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible on your 9-7X in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 30/60/10 which stand for $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Minnesota requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.