Inconceivable but true, about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. With the average premium in Minnesota being $2,240, drivers could save 50% every year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to go online and compare rates.
The most effective way to quote cheaper car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Minneapolis.
- Try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and a bad credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for more details to get low prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. Don’t forget to put the certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of this process is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Minneapolis, MN. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Saturn Astra insurance rates in Minneapolis
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with some auto insurance companies.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of auto insurance companies with the best Saturn Astra insurance discounts in Minneapolis in Minnesota, click here to view.
Choosing Saturn Astra insurance is an important decision
Even though Minneapolis Astra insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Saturn, almost every bank will require that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Saturn at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to save money.
Minnesota auto insurance companies
Finding a good quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Minneapolis. The company ratings in the lists below may help you pick which companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Comparing prices from local Minneapolis insurance agencies
Certain consumers would rather talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Minneapolis who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Minneapolis for you
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Minneapolis are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can handle car insurance, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Minneapolis that can give you price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Natalie Fox
210 N 2nd St #70 – Minneapolis, MN 55401 – (612) 208-0276 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Katie Bard
5459 Nicollet Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55419 – (612) 345-7900 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Travis Marcellus
2846 Johnson St NE – Minneapolis, MN 55418 – (612) 789-4341 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Minneapolis willing to provide price quote information.
- Oakwood Insurance Inc
5188 Central Ave NE – Minneapolis, MN 55421 – (763) 862-4800 – View Map
- Bernie Glover Insurance Agency
2520 Lowry Ave N – Minneapolis, MN 55411 – (612) 522-6531 – View Map
- A Act One Auto Insurance Agency
2925 Glenhurst Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55416 – (612) 722-8010 – View Map