Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Minneapolis can cut their rates by approximately $1,000 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to do a rate comparison.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find the cheapest price for Kia Stinger insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Minneapolis.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides more details to lower rates and get bigger discounts.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Car insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in Minnesota
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Minneapolis, MN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Minneapolis insurance discounts for a Kia Stinger
Some providers don’t necessarily list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Student in College – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you cheap Stinger insurance.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Minneapolis auto insurance quotes online.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Minneapolis auto insurance quote.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to view insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Minnesota, click this link.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find lower premium rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Minneapolis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is transmitted to companies in Minneapolis who will return price quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Listed below is a list of auto insurance companies in Minneapolis that are able to give price quote information for Kia Stinger insurance in Minneapolis.
- AAA Minneapolis Insurance
5400 Auto Club Way – Minneapolis, MN 55416 – (952) 927-2518 – View Map
- John Arens – State Farm Insurance Agent
3259 Johnson St NE – Minneapolis, MN 55418 – (612) 781-3454 – View Map
- Skarnes Agency Inc.
1845 NE Stinson Blvd – Minneapolis, MN 55418 – (612) 354-2040 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Patrick Fagerlee Agency Inc
3910 Central Ave NE – Minneapolis, MN 55421 – (763) 789-6201 – View Map
Choosing a insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Any agent in Minneapolis should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Upon receiving positive feedback to all your questions and locked in a price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a company that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Be persistent and save
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered a lot of tips how to reduce Kia Stinger insurance rates online in Minneapolis. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Minneapolis Car Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Students in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)