Really, the only way to find lower priced car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Minneapolis.
- First, learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for more information to get affordable coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Golf insurance. If you can save money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates are likely to buy a different policy because there is a great chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who shopped around every year saved on average $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in Minneapolis is your ultimate goal, then learning about how to compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you have a current insurance policy or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. The purpose of this post is to teach you the most effective way to quote insurance and how you can save the most money. Smart buyers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare insurance rates online.
Compare Volkswagen Golf insurance rates
The majority of larger companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get coverage prices online. Doing online price comparisons for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Minneapolis is fairly simple as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Upon sending the form, their quoting system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors.
Using the web to get price quotes for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Minneapolis streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to get many rate quotes in order to get the most affordable car insurance rates.
To compare rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Minneapolis, MN. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Minneapolis, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Minneapolis
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Minneapolis auto insurance online.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Minneapolis auto insurance on the internet.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Minneapolis may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Volkswagen may allow you to get better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will definitely lower your overall premium however.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Golf premium costs with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
To see a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in Minnesota, click here to view.
Rates and statistics
The data table shown below outlines estimates of coverage costs for Volkswagen Golf models. Learning more about how rates are figured can aid in making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Golf 2.5 2-Dr Hatchback||$234||$598||$358||$22||$108||$1,320||$110|
|Golf 2.5 4-Dr Hatchback||$264||$598||$358||$22||$108||$1,350||$113|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 2-Dr Hatchback||$264||$688||$358||$22||$108||$1,440||$120|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 4-Dr Hatchback||$264||$598||$358||$22||$108||$1,350||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can revise prices greatly.
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Volkswagen Golf insurance prices for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Minneapolis
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Golf insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There isn’t a written rule to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Golf replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Car insurance agents can help
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Minneapolis.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Minneapolis that can give you free Minneapolis auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Below are Minneapolis auto insurance companies willing to provide comparison quotes for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Minneapolis.
- Allstate Insurance: Ed Scislow
5208 Bloomington Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55417 – (612) 353-5410 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lois A. Castaneda
127 W Grant St, # C – Minneapolis, MN 55403 – (612) 871-6830 – View Map
- Semlak Miernicki Insurance Agency
2657 Dupont Ave S – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 208-0873 – View Map
- State Farm: Ashkan Morvari
25 W Diamond Lake Rd – Minneapolis, MN 55419 – (612) 455-4196 – View Map
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
If you receive satisfactory answers as well as a price you’re happy with, chances are good that you have found an insurer that meets your needs to provide car insurance coverage.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings.
Listed below are most of the major factors that factor into premiums.
Women tend to cost less – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Male teenagers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Golf insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
- Buy as much liability insurance as you can afford – Liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Do you have a stressful employer? – Careers such as military generals, airline pilots, and accountants generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress and long work days. Other careers such as farmers, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Single vs. married – Having a spouse may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
- Bundle and save – Lots of insurance companies afford discounts to buyers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by splitting coverages up.
- Save miles driven and save money – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance coverage properly reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money. An improperly rated Golf may be costing you.
Insurance losses for a Volkswagen Golf – Car insurance companies use claims history to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure. The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Volkswagen Golf vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Volkswagen Golf Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Golf 109 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Minneapolis, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Volkswagen Golf has a loan, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your Volkswagen Golf but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $825 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies. The cheapest Volkswagen Golf insurance in Minneapolis can be found online and also from your neighborhood Minneapolis agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Additional information is located at these links:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota 4Runner in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)