No one gets a kick out of paying for car insurance, especially when they know the cost is too high.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price are highly likely to buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding discount prices. A recent study showed that drivers who compared rates once a year saved on average $865 a year compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance in Minneapolis is your target objective, then having a good understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
Steps to finding better rates for Volvo S60 insurance in Minneapolis
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest Volvo S60 insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Minneapolis.
- Try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates like getting speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides tips to help prevent costly coverage and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on S60 insurance. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Immediately store the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
A key point to remember is to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Many auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite cheapest price on Volvo S60 insurance in Minneapolis.
You should make it a habit to compare premium rates occasionally because car insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Volvo S60 insurance in Minneapolis a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. There are lots of tips to save on S60 insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some of the best techniques to reduce your car insurance bill.
If you have insurance now or just want to reduce your rates, follow these tips to find the best rates without reducing protection. Buying affordable insurance in Minneapolis is not rocket science. Drivers just have to learn the most effective way to compare price quotes from multiple carriers.
Most major insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get insurance quotes online. Doing online quotes for Volvo S60 insurance in Minneapolis is quite easy as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. When complete, the system obtains credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote. This simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to do this in order to get affordable prices.
To save time and find out what other companies charge, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Minnesota. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Minneapolis, MN, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Volvo vehicle
Even though Minneapolis S60 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volvo S60 has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Minneapolis is wasting up to $830 a year so shop around at least once a year to save money.
Get Cheap Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
Multiple criteria are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are less apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is. It’s important that you understand some of the things that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in lower car insurance prices.
Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Volvo S60 if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit scores.
Don’t get traffic citations – Even one citation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Liability protection limits on your policy – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Policy add-ons may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Insurance for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Does your vocation cost you more? – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as lawyers, police officers, and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates because of high stress and long work hours. Other occupations such as actors, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Volvo S60 insurance loss data – Insurance companies analyze the history of losses to help determine the price you pay. Models that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S60 4dr 2WD||103||85||83||76||72||65|
|Volvo S60 4dr 4WD||111||73||90||65||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which is the best auto insurance?
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Minnesota?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Persistence pays off
When searching for affordable Volvo S60 insurance quotes, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Volvo S60 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Minneapolis car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Discount Volvo S60 insurance in Minneapolis can be bought online and with local Minneapolis insurance agents, so you need to shop Minneapolis car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
How to find low-cost Volvo S60 insurance in Minneapolis
Really, the only way to get discount Volvo S60 insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in Minneapolis. This can be done by following these steps.
First, read about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that increase rates such as your driving record and bad credit can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources. View insurance agents
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Minneapolis. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Once received, place your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Auto Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)